Month: December 2014
Since I realized that the final song on the most recent episode contained a familiar Christmas song but they cut out the lines about the Virgin Mary and the manger etc. . . .I have decided that I don’t like that show enough to continue watching it. They decided that it is ok to offend the millions of Christians that watch the show. . . . well many of us are no longer putting up with it but are becoming more vocal. Good Bye Hawaii
Five-0 !! ! ! ! ! !
Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.”
– Matthew 28:19-20 (NIV)
From the pulpit in our church, one can see the seam in the carpet that separates the two shades of red carpet pieces. The seam represents the point where the old sanctuary was enlarged in the early 1990s because this small country church needed more seats for people to come and worship. Yes, from the front of the church I can see the problem, but it’s not the two shades of carpet. The problem is that in the 20 years after the expansion, no more seams have been needed. The growth stopped. The congregation dwindled. Somewhere along the way, the vision shifted away from reaching out to others.
The early church knew how to grow. They did not change their vision or stop reaching out. With the people’s response on the Day of Pentecost, it might have been easy to turn the focus inward. But instead the early Christians continued to preach the gospel to all the world. Hopefully someday all of our church buildings will have noticeable seams as God uses us to reach out to others and draw them into the family.
Andy Wayne Clapp (North Carolina, USA)
Seven states joined Texas’s lawsuit challenging President Obama’s executive amnesty plan this week, brining the total number of states on the suit to 24.
“More than 20 states have joined our challenge against the president’s unilateral executive action to bypass Congress and rewrite immigration laws,” Texas Attorney General and governor-elect Greg Abbott said in a release. “The president’s proposed executive decree violates the U.S. Constitution and federal law, circumvents the will of the American people and is an affront to the families and individuals who follow our laws to legally immigrate to the United States.”
The list of states now suing Obama over his unilateral amnesty now includes: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Michigan, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.
Plaintiffs received a huge boost to their cause Monday when the same judge who once called Obama’s immigration policy a “criminal conspiracy” was assigned to hear the case. And last week, Abbott filed a motion for a preliminary injunction which could stop the amnesty before legal documents are scheduled to be handed out this June.
Christmas Cookie Rules
1. If you eat a Christmas cookie fresh out of the oven, it has no calories because everyone knows that the first cookie is the test and thus calorie free.
2. If you drink a diet soda after eating your second cookie, it also has no calories because the diet soda cancels out the cookie calories.
3. If a friend comes over while you’re making your Christmas cookies and needs to sample, you must sample with your friend. Because your friend’s first cookie is calories free, (rule #1) yours is also. It would be rude to let your friend sample alone and, being the friend that you are, that makes your cookie calorie free.
4. Any cookie calories consumed while walking around will fall to your feet and eventually fall off as you move. This is due to gravity and the density of the caloric mass.
5. Any calories consumed during the frosting of the Christmas cookies will be used up because it takes many calories to lick excess frosting from a knife without cutting your tongue.
6. Cookies colored red or green have very few calories. Red ones have three and green ones have five – one calorie for each letter. Make more red ones!
7. Cookies eaten while watching “Miracle on 34th Street” have no calories because they are part of the entertainment package and not part of one’s personal fuel.
8. As always, cookie pieces contain no calories because the process of breaking causes calorie leakage.
9. Any cookies consumed from someone else’s plate have no calories since the calories rightfully belong to the other person and will cling to their plate. We all know how calories like to CLING!
So, go out and enjoy those Christmas Cookies – – we only get them this time of year!
Wife: ‘What are you doing?’
Wife: ‘Nothing . . . ? You’ve been reading our marriage certificate for an hour.’
Husband: ‘I was looking for the expiration date.’
Wife: ‘Do you want dinner?’
Husband: ‘Sure! What are my choices?’
Wife: ‘Yes or no.’